#BookReview: Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer

[crepusculo.jpg]
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
First work of this writer who presents a romantic and equally intriguing novel. This love story, which we define as fantasy literature, transports us to a small town in Washington state where a young woman has just moved. What at first it appears as another ordinary town, involves a mysterious secret that will make her life take a radical and exciting twist while terrifying, the seductive young Edward is a vampire but she is hopelessly in love with him.


My Thoughts
I can't deny that when the series came out, I liked a lot, and it wan't Edward or Jacob (not hot at that moment) but by its history and twist of the vampire myth that the author attached to it. This is my favorite (although the series no longer interest me) and I think is very good in terms of the way it is presented and how the characters grow as the story goes. If you love vampires and you like stories of impossible love, this is for you. 

4 HEARTS






[lunanueva.jpg]
New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
"When the paper cut my finger, and a drop of blood falls from the small cut. Then everything happened very fast." No! "Edward roared ... Dazed and disoriented, I looked at the bright red blood coming out of my arm, then six feverish eyes suddenly hungry vampires ... "

For Bella Swan, there is one more important thing than life itself: Edward Cullen. But love with a vampire is more dangerous than Bella ever could have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of an evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning...


My Thoughts
Perhaps the most pathetic sequel that has ever been written. Not even the time I liked the series and I read it this book, I thought it was good. I don't understand how someone can lie there hopping to die for a man and even worst, to lose any sense of belonging and pride. More than half of this book is dedicated to the gloomy and cut veins thoughts of Bella on Edward's departure; and then focus on her desire to die so she could see him. Definitely pathetic and not funny at all. Perhaps because this book, precisely, I stop liking this series.

1 HEART



[Cover.jpg]
Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
Bella is again in danger: a series of mysterious murders is sowing panic in the city and there is an evil behind it, bent on revenge. She also have to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob, knowing that her decision may finally start a war between vampires and werewolves. Meanwhile, they approach graduation and will have one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which? 


My Thoughts

Bella is ALWAYS is danger, seriously, she just can't gives Edward a break. She's so depending of him. However, this was great improvement over the previous book and still a great loss of paper, ink and printing. There's more action in this one than in the past and yet the coming and going of Bella between Edward and Jacob is to scream in frustration. This series can't improve anymore, definitely already gave what it had to give; it was better than would have been only the first book and nothing more. Unfortunately, there's more where this comes from.

2 HEARTS



[Stephenie+Meyer+-+Breaking+Dawn.jpg]
Breaking Down by Stephanie Meyer
"'Do not be afraid,' I whispered, 'We are like one person' I suddenly overwhelmed by the reality of my words. That moment was so perfect, so real. No. It left no room for doubt. Her wrapped with his arms, put against him until the last of my nerves came alive. 'Forever' he end... " 


My Thoughts
The only part that deserves a little more recognition is the wedding and the island, I think after that, this book is as pathetic as his two predecessors. First, saying that Bella was a "hard" and "strong" girl because she was now a vampire while along the whole series she was an insult to all women in the world? I don't think so. Second, seek the help of a lot of vampires and werewolves (to help poor Bella) so there is no even a hit? Disappointing. And third, create something between Jacob and Renesmee? Come on! Seriously? Just as well she doesn't have the imagination to create a proper battle, Stephanie doesn't have the courage to kill someone. A disappointing ending for a well deserved disappointing series.

2 HEARTS

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top