#BookReview: Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hkoXjnn2L.jpg

Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers
Synopsis:
When "Perfect" Parker Fadley starts drinking at school and failing her classes, all of St. Peter's High goes on alert. How has the cheerleading captain, girlfriend of the most popular guy in school, consummate teacher's pet, and future valedictorian fallen so far from grace?

Parker doesn't want to talk about it. She'd just like to be left alone, to disappear, to be ignored. But her parents have placed her on suicide watch and her conselors are demanding the truth. Worse, there's a nice guy falling in love with her and he's making her feel things again when she'd really rather not be feeling anything at all.

Nobody would have guessed she'd turn out like this. But nobody knows the truth.

Something horrible has happened, and it just might be her fault.  


My Thoughts
I have mixed feelings about this book. At first when I read it I thought it was super cool and the story was great, but leave a few days after it lieved me diluted emotions in my head and everything, I realized I really was mostly frustrating with it. Parker was perfect and then something happened that makes her rethink her position in life and takes her on a path of excess and debauchery.

I didn't like the love triangle that was exhibited in the novel because although the new kid was cute and all, I liked the other. She isn't only destroyed her own life but that affected everyone around her and that was more than a desperate attempt to leave her alone, a demonstration of how selfish she was. And honestly, the secret she was hiding wasn't horrible enough to turn his life into a whirlwind of estupideces.SPOILER But I think everyone forgave her too easy at the end and didn't deserve it, not because the secret, but everything she made them after the problem. SPOILER. Parker is one of those characters who we want to love but end up hating; however, other characters were great and I liked them much more than the protagonist.

3 HEARTS

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top