#BookReview: You Slay Me by Katie McAlister

http://img1.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n16/n81461.jpg

You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister
Series: Aisnling Grey, Guardian #1
Pages: 352 (ebook)
Publication: September 7th 2004 by Onyx Books
Synopsis:
Aisling Grey is a courier enjoying a free, work-related trip to Paris when she learns she's a Guardian. That's a keeper of the Gates of Hell, for those who don't know. She finds this out from Drake Vireo, who's scrumptiously sexy-at least in his human form. Now Drake has stolen the package Aisling was sent to deliver, and she must track him down, get the package, and try to resist the passion boiling inside her.




My Thoughts 



This was OMG. I (just as crazy as I usually am) started this series back foward, first I read the #3, Light My Fire, then #2 Fire Me Up, and now this one. I probably shouldn't have done it but I meet this series thanks to the 3rd and, I'm just thankful for that, because this is one of my favorite books from all the times.

You Slay Me starts with Aisling in the airport in Paris, but you already know at that moment that this won't be your regular read because she start, from the very beginning, to embarrase herself; I mean, who, on her sane mind, will speak to a person she just meet about demons, the other world and those creepy things? Leaving that behind, everything goes awry for her, and reeeeeally bad, and all because her own. Who would enter at the crazy death woman's apartment? Aisling, of course. Then she meet Drake and he is the source of all the other things that will draw Aisling in the world of Lau'de'la. 

I what I liked the most about this book was the mysterious way that the murderes were driven. I believe that the author makes a wonderful job making the reader wonder who was really the bad into the novel. Even more you could suspect from everybody, even the own Aisling; I mean she could be crazy and be the killer after all. I don't know everything was possible. 

Katie McAlister got an amazing way to make drama and never lose the humor. Aisling is a mess all the time, make the most hilarious plans that always have something that riuned them (ejem Drake). 

'I do not dance tango' - Aisling.
'You do know' - Drake

Overall, I like how this book was approched. I think that the author make a great case about Aisling, her crazys ways and how collide her normal world and this new one with magic, dragons and sorft. The was humor, mystery, love, hot dragon sex, and an intriguing plot that leave wating for more. I super recommend this book and the whole series of Aisling and the two spin.off, Silver Dragons and Light Dragons. 
Rating
5 HEARTS

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top