#BookReview: Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter

Purchase: Amazon / B&N / Book Depository

Synopsis

The last thing Cammie Morgan remembers is leaving the Gallagher Academy to protect her friends and family from the Circle of Cavan--an ancient terrorist organization that has been hunting her for over a year. But when Cammie wakes up in an alpine convent and discovers months have passed, she must face the fact that her memory is now a black hole. The only traces left of Cammie’s summer vacation are the bruises on her body and the dirt under her nails, and all she wants is to go home.

Once she returns to school, however, Cammie realizes that even the Gallagher Academy now holds more questions than answers. Cammie, her friends, and mysterious spy-guy Zach must face their most difficult challenge yet as they travel to the other side of the world, hoping to piece together the clues that Cammie left behind. It’s a race against time. The Circle is hot on their trail and willing stop at nothing to prevent Cammie from remembering what she did last summer.



My Thoughts

Like I've said plety of times, I love Ally Carter's books. I always find myself excited to grap any new adventure of Cammie and co. and this time wans't the exception. This book started with a puzzle and a very disoriented Cammie, lacking of memory and at a convent in a unknown location. There are lot of unanswered questions through the entire book and is in this darkness that the story start to develope.

This book is really good, I have to say, Ally made a wonderful job bringing this characters to life, however, I think because the high expectation I had before it release, it was a little bit desappointed when I finally have the chance to read it. I was aching to know more after the shocking previous instalment but, for me, this was like a cold bucket. I mean, I like it, but it was just so-so, not at the same level of awesomeness of its predecessors. Nontheless, this is a bok you have to read just to learn plenty of secrets because one this book stand out from the rest is the bunch of information we're able to know.

By other hand, there's not lack of action because we gets lot of chasing scenes, guns and fights worthy of a spy. In this book we see how much our beloved characters have matured and are getting closer to gradutation, as they face to never seen before dangers with each step they take to full fill their mision. There's not a in love Cammie sneaking around to date but a true spy fighting hard o save her Academy and the world. 

Overall, this is a super light book, fast to read and very likely to fall in love with, but that it does still have plenty of answer for those thing you have wanted to know from long time now. I love how Ally put some knowladge of history, art, music and culture into her books because that makes them richiest in so many ways. I like this book but for me it lacks of something to made it more appelaing like the rest, this is maybe my least favorite book of the series, however, it does worth to read. 

We can only wait to the sixth and last intallment of this series, United We Spy.


About the Author

Ally CarterAlly Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls and Heist Society series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages. 

ALL FALL DOWN is the first book in her highly-anticipated new series, Embassy Row. She grew up on a farm in Oklahoma, and has never caused an international incident (to her knowledge).

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top