#BookReview: Sentinel (Covenant #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Purchase: Amazon / B&N / Book Depository

Synopsis
It's a beautiful day for a war.
As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.

In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13416638-the-hobbit

My Thoughts

WARNING: If you haven't read Covenant series, STOP right now. I would keep this review spoiler free from Sentinel, but most likely, I will share stuff from previous books, since this is the last one of the series. Beware yourself.
 
I was so anxious to read this book but I was little scared too. I've said plenty of times that I love all JLA's books; she's one of my favorite writers, and I have read lot of her books but this is my first time reading one of her endings, so I was kind of terrify to know what this could lead, since endings are so important to make up my mind about how good books and series are.

Besides all that, this is one of this series that I love so much, that produce in me so many feels, with which I laughed so much, which keep me so over the edge because the action and fell in love with all the characters. So, telling it good bye is so sad because I was so afraid that it wasn't the ending that I thought this series should have, though, it wasn't what I expected, it was even better.You see, when we talk about JLS, we always need to be open minded because we usually don't even imagine what she could give us, and this book is a big example of it.

Sentinel start with Alex mourning after the horrible ending of Apollyon, now, she has to overcome her internal issues and try to save the mortal world and the Olympus. She has to make one last trip to the Underworld to solve the problems with the war god. Alex need to look for support into the people who love her to reach finally the peace the world need and, find the happines she deserves with Aiden.

This book definitely was bittersweet for me and this time doesn't have anything to do about saying good bye to Alex and Aiden, it's all about what happened in it. Since the first page it made me cry and I keep crying through the entire book, and it was either because everything was so heartbreaking as because there was so many joy that I needed to express out. Alex was broken because what happened in the previous book and reading all through her mind reach a new level of depression, so much pain and so much guilt because she, at that moment, just wanted to end the pain, one way or another.

“Some people say when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. But when life gives you one seriously ticked off god gunning for your ass, you prepare for war and you hope for paradise.”—Alex (Alexandria) Andros
Another of the great things of this book is the ultimate love between Alex and Aiden. Each moment they spend together was magical and ended in such hilarious way, since they were interrupted almost each time, so it became a really good balance between the dark tone of the read with all the death and war going on. Though, the end is a arrow to the heart, I'm glad that I experienced the evolution of their relationship and that, after everything they fought to save the world and for others, there's still hope for them. Aiden is a wonderful man, and I just fell more in love for him after this book.

“You know what that means?” I stared into those silver eyes. I had an infinite number of moments like this ahead of me to share with Aiden.
“They’re going to tell stories about us.”
Aiden lowered his head, kissing me softly, deeply, and so lovingly that tears pricked my eyes. “They already are.”

About Seth, lot of people seem to be in love with him thanks of this book, but well, not me. I liked what he did, sure, without him everything would be ruined, but I still can't forgive him for what he did to Alex in the past. No doubt I shouldn't feel this way because the thing this book is all about is second changes, but for me, he didn't enough to gain forgiveness, there are so many scars just like Alex's.

Overall, this books was easy to read, beautiful, full of actions, romance, humor and entertaiment, bring it a big reflexion about life, relationships and family. And the end wasn't something that I ever imagined, completely different but worth it. I'm not going to lie, it did bothers me a lot, but I also understand that that was how the story should end. I can't wait for the upcoming ping-off The Return, to know more about this fantastic Greek world.

More from the Covenant series:
0.5.- Daimo
1.- Half-Blood
2.- Pure
3.- Deity
3.5.- Elixir
4.- Apollyon
5.- Sentinel

Sobre la Autora
# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia. All the rumors you heard about her state aren’t true. Well, mostly. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time, reading, working out, watching zombie movies, and pretending to write.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top