Blog Tour Review: A Tastes For Killing by H. K. Sterling

Hello, my lovely readers! What about a review? Today I bring to you my thoughts about this new mystery series. You know how much I love a good thriller so I’m really glad of read this book. But let’s not say more, keep reading and find out by yourself! Don't miss anything and read below. Enjoy!   


You can read this post on ENGLISH | Puedes leer este post en ESPAÑOL



English 

A Taste for Killing by H. K. Starling
Serie: Chasing the Taste #1
Genre: Mystery Suspense Romance Thriller
Pag.: 48
Published: February 21, 2014 (Breathless Press)
ISBN: 978-1-77101-225-6
ASIN: B00IKVVKL4
Cover Artist: Fiona Jayde

The Blurb


Mystery and Romance blend together when competing detectives Carolyn Woods and Jack Heart are both hired to solve the murder of Pete Wallace, only to realize they are working the same case.

To complicate things, Carolyn and Jack have an on again-off again relationship. Then there is Evan Jones, a handsome architect— but he's also a suspect.

Can Carolyn manage to solve the case as more and more murders pile up? Will her relationship with Jack hinder their investigations? And, what about Evan Jones? He seems like the perfect man, but could he actually be the murderer?

One thing is for sure: someone close to both Carolyn and Jack has A Taste For Killing.


Purchased this book:


Excerpt

He had six-pack abs, and I wanted to feel the carbonation. This one dressed like the stereotype of a construction worker, down to the handkerchief he used to wipe sweat off his forehead. I don't know if he or the hot day brought it out, but sweat poured off of me too. He had no interest in me as a person, though. I was invading his territory. Still, I enjoyed the view. For my part, I knew my clothes looked crappy. I didn’t have to wear uniforms anymore, but my street clothes, well they were very—street. So there I stood, a turd in the sun in front of this Adonis. Oh well.

He pointed to a small trailer up a muddy hill. The supervisor I asked to see apparently stayed in there. Stayed, as in never left. Great. Mud. Now I'd be a dried turd in the sun. Adonis went back to digging and I started the trek up the hill. At least I came with boots. Steel toed.

Once I made it to the trailer, I heard an argument going on inside.

"Look, I don't care who you are. The plans are publically filed. Go get them yourself!" yelled someone.

Then I heard a voice I knew. Calm, cool, subversive. "Is there any reason you're being so difficult? A man did die on your watch."

An encounter I hadn’t planned on. Well, at least not until later tonight. I knocked loudly on the door and with my sweetest voice said, "Hello, boys. Am I interrupting something?"

"Great," groused the supervisor. "A party." He appeared to me like another stereotype, puffing on a cigar over a fat jowl line and rotund stomach that threatened to overturn the small desk he was behind. I guess there's a reason for stereotypes. He looked about four hamburgers away from a heart attack.

On a wooden chair in front of the supervisor sat Jack. A fellow independent detective, an ally at times, a competitor...and my on and off lover.

"Well, well, well," he said smiling, but I could tell he wasn’t happy to see me. Not here. It meant we were both working the same case. "Hello, Carolyn. Who hired you?"

"Parents."

"Girlfriend," he answered back.

We stared at each other. Complications.

The supervisor didn’t give a damn and said to me, "Well, missy, I'll tell you the same thing I told this guy." He jerked his thumb around to Jack. "The plans are publically filed and that’s all I have to say about it."

I tried a different tactic. "That’s fine with me. I have no problem going downtown for a copy." I wore my practiced, saccharine smile. "But I wonder, could you tell me the name of the architect? Please?" I smiled again. God, this job sucks at times.

The supervisor sighed. "Jones, Evan Jones."

"Thank you so much," I said, smiling my best smile again. "I'll get out of the way and leave you two boys to...whatever you were doing."

I opened the door to go and started to shut it only to find Jack following me out.

"Sure, flash your tits and get what you want." Boy was he in a bad mood.

"There was no tit flashing in there. Face it, testosterone was not a good choice in that situation."

Jack's response: a grunt.

"Besides," I tried to placate him, "I didn’t get the plans either."

"No, you did one better."

"That's assuming the architect will have anything to do with me and cooperate." A thought occurred to me. "So are you going there too?"

"No, I might as well wait and see what you turn up. Besides, I have my own leads."

"Are you planning to share?" Just call me hopeful. As in full of shit, because that’s where hope always seemed to lead.

"No," he said, still grumpy.

"I see. So it's gonna be like that."

"I guess so."

I felt like such a female. Damn. But I had to ask.

"Are we still on for tonight?"

"Yeah."

I wasn’t convinced but didn’t push it. God, sometimes I hated myself. But we were good together—when it was good—when his competitive edge didn’t get the better of him. Though I was one to talk. I did the same thing at times. Hence our on and off status. But currently we were supposed to be on. So, I kept it light in the spirit of things to come.

"Okay, master detective, I'll leave you to your leads. See ya."

"See ya," he replied, already preoccupied, pondering a piece of paper he'd taken from his pocket.

I made my way down the hill in my muddy boots.

My Thoughts

I liked this book. I love mystery and Thrillers books. I'm into the Nancy Drew thing. In A Taste For Killing, Carolyn is in an investigation of a death architect hired by his parents. It turns out that the fiancé has also hired a detective who is nothing more and nothing less than the on-and-off boyfriend of Carolyn, Jack. On a fateful night (or maybe for Jack), things fall apart for both of them completely, so Carolyn is now only focused on the investigation. Or so she thinks. Evan appears on the scene, an architect who worked with murdered and who is more than suspect, to put everything upside down.

I thought this book would be more fun but, well, it wasn't. Is more inclined to the dramatic and risky actions. But it's a good story and a light book to entertain. Well, it's short. However, the story is not too fast and lack of credibility. Everything is justified by what happened, what were the reasons, everything is there so that you dont ask after ending the story.

You do keep wonder while you're reading. The murderer is never shown until you end. And keep you guessing until it tell you all. Moreover, it's both an original story as possible, and also like a latin soap opera. But I think it worked for the plot.

What I like is that the author keeps you guessing most of the book, but (and this is the THING) you find out along with Corolyn. You're not like: What? How? Where? You suspected of everyone and ask about them all, but in the end you find out at the same moment that the protagonist and everything fits.

About the characters. I like Carolyn, she is quite credible, and with the problems with Jack and Evan, I think it affects her seriously but I'm with her that she should cut her losses and look the best that truly make her happy. But as for the boys, I have no idea; I have mixed feelings about them.
I suspect of Evan and only tell you this about him, when you read the story, you will see; but for me, he is suspicious. And Jack, I'm so pissed off with him for what he did, but I think he loves Carolyn and I'm always in favor of love. I'm in the same place as Carolyn, I can not forgive him but still want to, but what he did was wrong, but he still love her...

I want to know more about this story. Because one thing is for sure, I'm asking more of A Taste For Killing.

I give it 4 hearts



About the Author


H.K. Sterling is an author with Breathless Press known for stories with imagination, intelligence, a kick, and twist endings. H.K. likes to focus her writing on suspense, science-fiction, shorts, and anything that is spicy and unexpected. Sometimes her books may even go dark. H.K. lives in Virginia with her husband who graciously puts up with her passion for writing. H.K. currently has a Mystery/Thriller out: A Taste for Killing; and two short stories in the Breathless Press Anthology, My Bloody Valentine. Her new book, A Taste for Danger has just been accepted for publication and Breathless Press also just published H.K.'s short-short titled Eyes Only. H.K.'s books are suitable for 18+.


You can find H. K. Starling here:


Giveaway


Stand the chance to win:


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Check the others Stops
April 21

April 22

April 23

April 24

April 25

April 28
-------------
  
Español


¡Hola, mis queridos lectores! ¿Por qué no una reseña hoy? Ho te traigo mi opinión de esta nueva serie de misterio. Sabes cuánto me gustan los thriller así que estoy muy contenta de haber leído este libro. Pro no voy a decir más, ¡sigue leyendo y entérate por ti misma! No te pierdas nada y lee a continuación. ¡Disfruta! 

A Taste for Killing de H. K. Starling
Serie: Chasing the Taste #1
Género: Mystery Suspense Romance Thriller
Pág.: 48
Publicado: 21 de Febrero, 2014 (Breathless Press)
ISBN: 978-1-77101-225-6
ASIN: B00IKVVKL4
Artista de la portada: Fiona Jayde 

La sinopsis

El misterio y el romance se unen cuando los detectives competitivos Carolyn Woods y Jack Heart son contratados para resolver el asesinato de Pete Wallace, sólo para encontrase de que ambos ha sido colocados en el mismo caso. 

Para complicar las cosas, Carolyn y Jack tienen una turbuleante relacion amorosa. Entonces, llega Evan Jones, un muenmoso arquitecto— pero él es también un sospechoso. 

¿Puede Carolyn manejar resolver el caso cuando más muertes son llevadas a cabo? ¿Destrozará la investigación su relación con Jack? ¿Y qué pasa con Evan Jones? Él parece como el hombre perfecto, pero ¿puede ser él el verdadero asesino? 

Una cosa si es segura: alguien cercano a Carolyn y Jack tiene un Deseo de Matar. 

Compra este libro:




Mi Opinión

Me gusto este libro. Me encantan las historias de misterio e investigación. Yo a lo muy Nancy Drew. En A Taste For Killing, Carolyn se encuentra en una investigación de la muerte de un arquitecto, contratada por sus padres. Pero resulta que la prometida del chico también ha contratado un detective quien nada más y nada menos que el novio de ida y vuelta de Carolyn, Jack. En un fatidica noche (quizás para Jack), las cosas se desmoronan para ellos dos por completo, así que Carol sólo está enfocada en la investigación. O eso cree ella. Aparece en escena Evan, un arquitecto que trabajaba con el asesinado y quien es más que sospechoso, para poner todo patas para arriba.
Yo pensé que este libro iba a ser más divertido pero, bueno, no lo fue. Se inclina más a lo dramatico y a las acciones arriesgadas. Pero es una buena historia y un libro ligero para entretener. Bueno es corto. A pesar de ello, la historia no se hace demasiado rapida y falta de credibilidad. Todo está justificado, por qué paso, cuáles fueron los motivos, todo está allí de forma que no te preguntes después al finalizar la historia.
En donde si te haces preguntas es mientras estás leyendo. El asesino no te lo dicen sino hasta que vas terminando todo. Y no adivinas nada hasta que te lo cuentan todo. Además, es tanto una historia original, como posible, y telenovesca. Pero creo que funcionaba para la trama. 
Lo que más me gusto es el hecho de que la autora te mantiene en vilo la mayor parte del libro, pero (y esto es lo bueno) te enteras junto con Corolyn. No estás como que ¿pero qué? ¿Cómo? ¿Dónde? Sospechas de todo el mundo y te preguntas sobre todos, pero al final te enteras en el mismo momento que la protagonista y todo encaja. 
Acerca de los personajes. Me gusta Carolyn, es bastante creible, con los problemas con Jack y Evan, creo que le afecta en serio, pero estoy con ella en que debe cortar por lo sano y buscar lo mejor que la haga verdaderamente feliz. Pero en cuanto a los chicos, no tengo idea; tengo sentimientos encontrados sobre ellos. Yo sospecho de Evan y sólo dire esto, cuando lean la historia y la terminen ustedes diran; pero para mi él es sospechoso. Y Jack, estoy molesta con él por lo que hizo, pero creo que él ama a Carolyn y yo estoy siempre a favor del amor. Estoy como la misma Carolyn, no puedo perdonarlo pero aún quiero hacerlo, pero lo que hizo estuvo mal, pero todavia la ama...
Quiero saber más de esta historia. Porque una cosa si es segura, estoy pidiendo más de A Taste For Killing.

Yo le doy 4 corazones


Acerca del Autor

H.K. Sterling es autora con Breathless Press conocida por sus historias con imaginación, inteligencia, patea traseros, y finales inesperados. H.K. le gusta escribir sobre suspenso, ciencia y ficción, cortos, y cualquier cosa picante e nesperada. Algunas veces sus libros incluso terminan oscuramente. H.K. vive en Virginia con su esposo quien graciosamente la niño a empezar con su pasión por la escritura. H.K. actualmente tiene una novella de Misterio/Suspenso: A Taste For Killing; y dos historias cortas en la antología de Breathless Press Anthology, My Bloody Valentine. Su Nuevo libro, A Taste For Danger ha sido aceptado para ser publicado y Breathless Press también ha publicado la nueva historia corta de H.K., Eyes Only. Los libros de H.K. corresponde a mayores de 18 años.

Puedes encontrar a H. K. Starling aquí:




Concurso

Participa y ten la oportunidad de ganar:

5 copias en format Kindle de A Taste for Killing

Coloca tus datos en el Widget de Refflecopter más arriba

CONVERSATION

1 comments:



  1. I want to thank God for the use (Doctorfadeyitempleofspell@gmail.com) as my source of salvation after 2 years of unemployment and my lover left me alone for 2 years, only broken heart until I met after a Dr.Fadeyi ladies testimony how he was helped by the same Dr. fadeyi, so he decided to contact him and when I told him all my problems laughed and said this is not a problem. everything will be fine in three days. Exactly on the third day of my ex lover call me surprised me and what surprised me most was that a company applies for more than four months ago called and said I should return to work as soon as possible.Am very grateful to Dr. fadeyi, if you wish to contact him, his email is (Doctorfadeyitempleofspell@gmail.com) he makes the spell follows
    One-against witchcraft
    Two-Contra misfortune
    3 - Magic Wallet
    4 - to become like
    5 - against divorce
    6 - Provocation divorce
    7 - Return of marital love
    8 - Gain Easy
    9 - vs. poison
    10 - Total Impotence
    11 - against unwanted assignments
    12 - to occupy a place in society
    13 - Development of sex
    14 - Early Menopause
    15 - Epilepsy
    16 - Sickle Cell Disease
    17 - Debate woman, man
    18 - Land Debate
    19 - Heartbeat
    20 - Ulcers
    21 - to hinder a situation
    22 - Protection from enemies
    23 - against the weakness of pregnancy
    24 - Tetanus
    25 - female and male sterility
    26 - Memorandum
    27 - Soaps will have the opportunity to review
    28 - Azoospermies
    29 - against spells
    30 - Protection return to sender
    31 - painful Standard
    32 - Hypotension
    33 - Hypertension
    34 - against strain
    35 - Mental depression
    36 - against attacks
    37 - Ce-Demes
    38 - to cause menstrues
    39 - to regularize the rules
    40 - to save a person
    41 - to avoid making dead children
    42 - to attract customers
    43 - easy to impregnate
    44 - to prevent a woman out
    45 - for being a witch
    46 - to neat the madness
    47 - Join for a boy
    48 - against waste
    49 - against divorce
    50 - to resume his wife or her husband
    51 - to own at work
    52 - to be busy
    53 - Keep your business well
    54 - go have a help and reuissir
    55 _ Hiv cure
    56 _ Cancer cure

    You can contact dr fadeyi on doctorfadeyitempleofspell@gmail.com or call Doctor on +2348109468820

    ReplyDelete

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top