Spotlight Blog Tour Review: Penelope's Ghost by Golide Alexander

Mostrando Penelope's Ghost Banner 450 x 169.png

Penelope’s Ghost by Goldie Alexander
Genre: Paranormal/Romantic Suspense/Contemporary
Published: April 9th, 2014 (Boroughs Publishing Group)
ISBN:  9781941260142
ASIN: B00JLGEFQO
Purchased:  ARe |  Amazon | Smashwords

Blurb:
Haunted. Haunting. Redeemed.
When Lisa Harbinger takes a job as nanny to a prestigious Australian family, she gets more than she bargained for: two spoilt children, vengeful ghosts, a long-unsolved mystery and a blazing passion she and her enigmatic boss are unable to deny.


Excerpt

“He fell in love with someone else,” Richard repeated thoughtfully. “Was she a friend of yours?”
It must be time to confess. What he would think of me after that, I didn’t dare consider. “Actually, she was a he. Simon fell in love with Robert and finally admitted he was gay.”
Richard’s eyebrows shot up. “Married to someone as lovely and intelligent as you? That’s almost impossible to believe.”
Lovely? Intelligent? Not knowing how to respond to these compliments I said quickly, “I think Simon always knew he was gay. Even when he married me, he was just in denial. I was too dumb to wake up to it.”
“When you did realise, how did it make you feel?”
“Angry. Miserable. Then totally stupid,” I answered. “There were so many hints, but I kept on ignoring them.” Then I dared to venture, as the atmosphere between us was definitely pulsing, “He was never interested in sex.”
His face blank, Richard turned to the next page of the book we were sharing, then another. In the pause I heard an owl hoot and the wind rustle a branch against the window.
At last he put down the book. “Never interested in sex. That mean you’re not? Let’s find out.” With this, he placed one arm around my waist and with the other hand tilted my head so I faced him. Then he carefully and delicately placed his mouth over mine.

My Thoughts

This was a really good read! I really like all the story lines, the romance and the characters...

The Characters... I like them and I think they all fix into the story. When you start reading you probably think that Lisa's depression going to consume all the story and it will be boring, but isn't like it! I like the fact that she think that way; she is not the perfect character, she need to grow up more but she is doing it well and with all the things she passed through I think is the right thing of make her way back on track. However, even when I like her ways of thoughts I not quiet get the low authoestim she had. She was lovely and kind and sweet but she saw herself in wrong way, and I don't like it! But I do REALLY like the fact that she want to be as good as she can because that's the way she is, she is not pretending or be something else of her own character.

My favorites was the kids! Those childrens were hilarious! I love them and I think is what make this book such lovel peace. Because, we can see the beautiful part of been a child but the sorrow and sadness when you don't get the parents that you need and, of course, want! But even so, the found on Lisa a roll model and a person who love them and give them some attension and confort! Is was a beautiful realationship between the three of them. Was what I like the most about this book.

The Romance... The thing about the two lovers of the story, is just like another romantic book, wich doesn't have higlights. It wasn't like it bored me but facing the love story about the childrens and the Nanny, faint it throught the novel. Also I think it was so rush and at some point I didn't beleave it. But I don't too much of me because it's just like a romantic story, and I good with that.

The Mistery... This was the other maint point that also faint for me but even more. The fact is that I was hoping for really thrilling things, for some suspense and even a afraid story. A mean, the tittle speaks about a ghost!! And didn't work. Penelope itself was left behind everything else. I thought that maybe she was going to appear more but she didn't! Lisa's reseach wasn't enoug through my perspectic, I think she could effort a little bit more. And this is the reason what I give it 4, because the mistery was lacking at the story for me.

I can pass through this is another romance story, because everything else was great: The plot, the twist, the characters but the mistery... Not. And it was what I was looking for. The reason why the tittle calls me. The reason why I pick up the book in the firts place! And it wasn't there, sadly.

Overall... This was a great and entertainment reading. It has a lovely and beautiful story about the most innocent and pure love of all: The children love. Also, so many life lessons. I couldn't find the mistery but maybe you'll do! So, yeah I recommend this book!
I give it 4 hearts

About the Author

Goldie Alexander has published over 75 books plus many prize winning short stories and articles. For children she is best known for, "My Australian Story: Surviving Sydney Cove", now in its 10th edition. Amongst recent work are three collections of short stories: ‘Killer Virus’, ‘My Horrible Cousins’ and ‘Space Footy”.
Her latest novels for Young Adult include ‘The Youngest Cameleer’, ‘In Hades’ a verse novel, and ‘That Stranger next Door’. For middle grade readers: ‘eSide: A Journey into Cyberspace’. ‘ Cybertrix: 2043, and ‘Neptunia’, and the Junior novel ‘Gallipoli Medals’. She has authored the how-to-write ‘Mentoring Your Memoir’, facilitates creative writing workshops and mentors emerging authors.
Penelope's Ghost is Goldie's first, but far from last, Romance novel.

You can find Goldie Alexander here:
Twitter | Facebook | Website | Blog

Giveaway!

A winner will receive a 10-book subscription to the Lunchbox Romance line. The ten-book subscription will provide the winner with a new Lunchbox Romance every two weeks. Lunchbox Romances are "delicious short Romances consumable during the lunch hour."

  a Rafflecopter giveaway

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Dear Giovana,
    Thank you so much for displaying part of 'Penelope's Romance' and giving readers your heartfelt thoughts about this book. I will keep your ideas in mind when I write my next romance.
    Many thanks again
    Goldie Alexander.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top