Boneseeker by Brynn Chapman (Guest Blog & Review)



Boneseeker by Brynn Chapman


Genre: YA Historical Romance/ Mystery
Pages: 300
Published: June 18th, 2014 (Month 9)
ISBN: 978-1-939765-38-3 (print)
ISBN: 978-1-939765-38-3 (Paperback)
ISBN: 978-1-939765-66-6 (ePUB)
ISBN: 978-1-939765-67-3 (Mobi/Kindle)

The Blurb:
Arabella Holmes was born different and raised different. After it became apparent she wouldn't fit the role of a proper 1900's lady, her father, Sherlock, called in some lingering favors, and landed her a position at the Mutter Museum. The museum was Arabella's dream; she was to become a purveyor of abnormal science. What her father called a BoneSeeker.
Henry Watson arrives at the Mutter Museum with a double assignment--to become a finder of abnormal antiquities and to watch over and keep Arabella Holmes. An easy task, if he could only get her to speak to him instead of throwing knives in his general direction.
But this is no time for child's play. The two teens are assigned to a most secret exploration, when the hand of a Nephilim is unearthed in upstate New York. Soon, Arabella and Henry are caught in a fight for their lives as scientific debate swirls around them. Are the bones from a Neanderthal ... or are they living proof of fallen angels, who supposedly mated with humans according to ancient scrolls?
Sent to recover the skeleton, they discover they are the second team to have been deployed and the entire first team is dead. And now they must trust their instincts and rely on one another in order to survive and uncover the truth.


I smell love in there, I may said this couple look wonderful together. I invite them here so they could tell you the reason why you SHOULD read Boneseeker and find out how the fall in love... But, no more words, I going to let Sherlock and Watson say it aloud:

Top Five Reasons To Read Boneseeker by Arabella Holmes & Henry Watson

1.- BONES.

Henry says: “If you have any interest in archaeology, you may find it interesting.”

Bells: “Hmm.” (she is currently assembling a skeleton, only half-listening to Henry as I dictate his words).
2.- HOLMES

Henry: “Obviously if you love the Holmes, Watson dichotomy, we are worth taking a look.”

Arabella: “Our relationship is nothing like our parents?”

Henry: “I disagree. As much as it pains me to admit this, we are very much like our fathers.”

Arabella: “Minimally, perhaps.”

Henry: *when she has returned to the bones. Whispers, “Quite maximally, I assure you.”
3.- MISSING BODIES

Arabella: “Finally, one suggestion on which I concur. The way Newton found that bone—”

Henry rushes to clamp a hand over her mouth. “Really, my dear. Must you tell everyone, everything? That filter between thought and speech—yours is rather a sieve.”

 4.-MYSTERY

Henry: “For instance, your butterflies.”

Arabella: *scowls. “This is quite positively the most vexing interview to date.” 
Henry: “Bella does not like leaving questions unanswered.”

5.-LOVE

Henry, sits quietly, waiting.

Arabella pulls gaze from serpentine backbone she’s twirling before her eyes. Face flushing deep red, “Yes, there is love. I never thought I should use the word in the same sentence as my name—but it did find me.”

(Photo by LiveSimpleStudios)

Oh! Aren't they lovely? Henry is so handsome!... Hey Arabelle, calm down!!! I just say you made a wonderful couple and that he seems a wonder boyfriend to you!! Thanks for coming by guys ........... Uff, that was so close, never bother a Holmes!

My thoughts

Well, I like mistery a lot, although I'd not read any Sherlock book. I was really thrilling to read something inspiring of that. The was a good read but not thrilling.

Boneseeker is about Sherlock's doughter, Anabelle; who is scienctist woman but not accepted by the society. And Watson' son, Henry; who is also a scienctist. Both work for Mutter Museum and they start a new project where they have to identify a new bones that could be as Neanderthal as Nephilim, or that's what few others say.

The author made a great job to collide the the mistery, love, humor and every plot into the story. I like both lead characters, Henry and Belle doing it very well through the book. And I like how Anabelle can be outsider of the society but then turn out to understand how it manege and try to accept few things. She reminds me Sheldon from The Big Ban Theory, of course he has lot of issues, but Anabelle is most awkard for the fact of been recing by Sherlock and she hide herself into the science and all that creepy things.

What I didn't like very much is that the book sometimes turn out to be really heavy. It wasn't the way it written because I actually like very much, I imagined I had a English man for myself! But few things wasn't necessary for the story I think, and that's made that I wasn't complete into the story and sometimes was a lack of interest. Saddly!

Overall, this was a great book. Amazing characters, very original; however, heavy sometimes. But is worth to try read it and enjoy it!

I give it 4 hearts


About the Author

Born and raised in western Pennsylvania, Brynn Chapman is the daughter of two teachers. Her writing reflects her passions: science, history and love—not necessarily in that order. In real life, the geek gene runs strong in her family, as does the Asperger’s syndrome.
Her writing reflects her experience as a pediatric therapist and her interactions with society’s downtrodden. In fiction, she’s a strong believer in underdogs and happily-ever-afters. She also writes non-fiction and lectures on the subjects of autism and sensory integration and is a medical contributor to online journal The Age of Autism.


You can find Brynn Chapman here:

Giveaway!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top