Spotlight Blog Tour & Review: The Return by Max W. Miller

Mostrando Egyptian Moon Banner 450 x 169.png

Return by Max W. Miller
Series: Egyptian Moon Series #1
Genre: New Adult Paranormal Romance
Pages: 218
Publisher: Ironshield Marking LLC
ISBN: 9780985595562
ASIN: B00IX40TWO
Cover Artist: Kat Murphy
Purchased: Amazon
The Blurb:
A young lady has to learn how to function on a college campus without the guidance of her parents while dealing with reincarnation. How will she fight and win the battle against the aggressive soul of an ancient Egyptian princess who is determined to RETURN.

Extract

Dr. Brogan had said not to touch the stone, but all of a sudden it seemed very cool to have an opportunity to actually touch something thousands of years old. My fingers reached for the closest broken pieces. Mom’s laughter echoing through the room made me draw my hand back. I looked up and saw Tyler jetting away from the group.
I covered my mouth. Apparently, Dr. Brogan had done something with the sarcophagus that Tyler didn’t appreciate. “Oh, my, gosh. What are they doing to him? I need to rescue my man.” I laughed as I got off the stool, dropping my gaze once more to the clay. This was my last chance to decide—to touch or not to touch.

My Thouhts

The Return speaks about Megan, Megs to short, a brilliant, happy, lovely girl and egyptic entuiastic; when she, her parents and boyfriend, go to NY for a private tour to the MET, she make a mistake, wich change her life forever. After that, she need to face a old egyptian princess who try to claim her body and ruinning her life. 

The plot... was entertainen to read, but sometimes it felt unreal for me and hard to get. It is really new and original but I think that a little bit of work with it would have made it better. I really got a hard time to connect, for multiples reasons. Mostly because sometimes it became slow and get throught other things but not what should be explaning. I would probably want more about the princess taking control of the body than the drama things.

The writting style... was good and I fully understand the book, easy to read, I did it in 3 hours. 

The charaters... was well execute, I understand very well all their personalities and feelings, and even when I didn't connect with them very much, I kind of enjoy read them. 

However, The only one who I never got to understand the differents between sarcastic, sense of humor and insulting was Mr. Smart. I undertand his analitics mind and also his worrying and parent conserm, and also he made me laugh with all the comment about his wife but just that. And I mean the parts of his lightly personality, because when he is trying to insult someone it didn't look that way for me and I only notice because someone say so! But beside that, he is actually my favorite characters.

About the everyone else, well, like I said, sometimes it was hard for me to connect with them, but deffenitely I hate Tayler right now. I just can't... urgh!!! >( I can't with him, just like that. If he can do that so quickly, I'm on Mrs Smart side because... ... NO! he just can't, he don't deserve; her after everything she had done for him and his family, he can wash his hands that fast. But I'm sure he'll come back and Meg should just say "no", clear and loud!

The romance... well just read what I said above! I really don't want to get into this because I'm going to give spoilers but, I feel really sad for Meg and everything she passed throught. I hope her life get better soon and really hope this misterious guy, Doc, could actually be good and the one she need, because everyone else, don't deserve her!

Overall... this was a entertaiment read, quickly even. With I little of work on the plot and secuence but worth to give a try just to see what's all about. 

I give it 3 hearts

About the Author

Max W. Miller was born in Savannah, Georgia, but has lived in North Carolina with her husband and two children for many years. She comes from a large family with eight siblings who have also experienced supernatural encounters.
Max enjoys writing science fiction, fantasy, and all things paranormal because she believes that we have three distinct parts to our being—body, mind and spirit (soul), and that other life forms in other realms are just as real as we are. In her writing, Max uses popular fantasy, science fiction and paranormal topics such as aliens, ghosts, and witches, and expresses them in a way that is highly entertaining and thought provoking.

You can find Max W. Miller here:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top