Lux Readathion Day 2: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


This is the second day of the Lux Readathon hosted by Stuck In Book and Just A Book Lover. And today is the day of Obsidian, the first proper book of the series. And I bring to you the review.


15852177Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout
Series: Lux, #1 
Genre: Young Adult | Paranormal | Science Fiction | Aliens
Pages: 446 (spanish paperback)
Published: November 12th, 2012 by Plataforma Neo
ISBN: 8415577524
ISBN-13: 9788415577522
Purchased: Amazon | BN
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.




Other editions

 13143299

My Thoughts

This is the first book I’ve the chance to read by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and it caught me since the beginning. I like the plot, the characters, the romance, the humor and the action. It has everything for everyone.

Katy is new in town. After her father died three years ago, her mother had been working without breaks. But now she can’t handle live in the same place as Katy’s father was so she is desperate for a change. So, she brings Katy to the other side of the country to the West Virginia to start a new life. 

In a way to make new friends and know the address of the local shop, Katy goes to the neighbor door, but when a shirtless, hot guy asks the door, she is just frozen. And then he ruin the spell open his mouth, which Katy can’t handle and frisking her out. She just wants to push him in the face. But Daemon could be hiding more secrets that she can release and his twin sister, Dee, who seem desperate to make new friends before her brother send them away. 

Now, Katy has to struggle to keep her mind straight knowing their secret at last, when government shows demanding answer and dark, dangerous creature to want to absorb them, literally. All of that, trying to not kill Daemon in the process or if he doesn’t kill her before.

I always had like aliens stories; it’s like, the best surreal but at the same time most believable aspect of creativity. We can’t for sure say that there’s no other kind of life outside our planet and, I think I have an open mind about it. But at different of Black Men, these guys are really sexy.

Through the book, I like Katy very much. It was so easy to relate to her. Since the first line of words I found her just like me, but not just because the blogger thing – which is wonderful, I enjoy that JLA made her crazy for books and a proud member of blogger community, I feel like it’s a recognition to all her fans – but because she is this shy girl with a lovely personality and who embrace the new things and make them good for her. I like how she grows through the book.

And Daemon is Wonderful. I’m just in love of him!!! I so picky when is relate to book boyfriend, but he’s so difficult to ignore. I know that he could be so bastard and a jerk with her but at the same time I could see how he likes her since the moment he open the door that day. I like the way that he love for everyone is passionate and intensive. And he is so sexy and hot.

I was so excited when he poked her with his pencil at class. It was like, I expected with anxious the class scenes just to see the exchange of looks and argument. They were so funny together even when there were fighting and the sparks between them was undeniable. Of course, there was sparks but I can't really say that there was a romance. Mostly because, even when the host kisses were intense we can’t see much of a relationship (romantically speaking). However, I’m sure there come in the other books. 

As far as the humor, this boos was hilarious. I laugh all the time with Katy and Daemon. And also with Dee. She was so wonderful in this book; I think that she is one of my favorite secondary characters ever. I’m truly thought that Jennifer should make a book only for her, just to see more into that little head of her. 

And of course, there can’t miss the action. This was a book full of fights and intriguing and light rays all over the place. I like the composition of this book and how every one of the scenes and situations in there means something to the plot. We never get something that is there that full the space with flaw interest. At the same time, the book caught since the beginning, I was never available to put it down, I wanted to finished and know more.

Overall, Obsidian was WONDERFUL… we never get bored of it. Having an amazing plot, great characters, a lot of entertaining, humor, action, and a writing that will transport you into the story like you’re living it with the characters. It just a huge MUST read.

I give it 5 hearts

Other books in the series:

0.5 Shadow (reviewGoodreads)
1 Obsidian (Goodreads)
2 Onyx (Goodreads)
3 Opal (Goodreads)
4 Origin (Goodreads)
5 Opposition (Goodreads)

Obssession (Review | Goodreads)


Other books about the author featured on the blog:

Covenant Series:
0.5 Deimon (Goodreads)
1 Half-Blood (Goodreads)
2 Pure (Goodreads)
3 Deity (Goodreads)
3.5 Elixir (Goodreads)
4 Apollyon (Goodreads)
5 Sentinel (Review | Goodreads)

The Dark Elements Series:
0.5 Better Sweet Love (Review | Goodreads)
1 White Hot Kiss (Goodreads)
2 Stone Cold Touch (Goodreads)

Wait For You Series (as J Lynn):
1 Wait For You (Review | Goodreads)
1.5 Trust In Me (Goodreads)
2 Be With Me (Review | Goodreads)
3 Stay With Me (Goodreads)

Nephilim Rising Series (as J Lynn):
1 Unchained (Review | Goodreads)

Frigid (as J. Lynn) (review | Goodreads)


About The Author

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia. All the rumors you heard about her state aren’t true. Well, mostly. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time, reading, working out, watching zombie movies, and pretending to write.

You can find Jennifer here:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top