Lux Readathon Day 3: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout


This is 3rd day of the Lux Readathon hosted by Stuck In Book and Just a Book Lover. Today is the day of Onyx, the second book of the Series. And I bring to you the review.

17885247Onyx by Jennifer L Armentrout
Series: Lux #2 
Genre: Paranormal | Young Adult | Science Fiction | Aliens
Pages: 419 (spanish paperback)
Published: June 2013 by Plataforma Neo Editorial
ISBN: 8415750714 
ISBN-13: 9788415750710
Purchased: Amazon | BN

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…



Other Editions

 20411109


My Thoughts

Every book by Jennifer L. Armentrout seems to be better and better. And this book has lot more action than the previous one. No doubt that Jennifer is my FAVORITE author of all the time.

In Onyx, Katy need to understand how and why she change so much since the last battle with the Arum and after Daemon healed her. They’re connected and can’t be away from each other longer. Besides, Daemon is determinate to be with her, but she’s not willing to make it easy for him after all he hurt her. Also, someone is new in town, which seems to know the truth about what’s happening with Katy and want to help. But nothing is what it seems, more secrets than anything and the danger that rising in the corner. 

We’re starting this book right when Obsidian ended. Onyx is most complex than the previous; Obsidian is all about Katy find out about Daemon and Dee secret and embrace it. But in this, she had change beyond human and she need to control herself before she could expose the Luxen and the DOD comes after her and Daemon.

I like the plot and curse of the story, as I said before (in almost all the book a review form this author), I LOVE the way of her writing. The places where she takes us and all the emotions she raises inside of us. And I like this book very much, however, deserve the 5 hearts, I think that there were a lot of things going on, and sometimes was hard to take. I felt that I was in a rollercoaster (which it was so totally good), but that I finish with one to enter to another (just like a rollercoaster at the end of the day you need to go to the bathroom).

A part of that, I like how Katy had grown from the previous book. She is more determinate, brave and taught to face all the things to come. But she is also not perfect, and made few bad decisions through the story. But I can hardly blame her because, seriously, she just wants to be capable to fight, the things that rise for people around her doesn’t need to be her fault. 

Daemon was just wonderful than always. Although, we see another sides of him, like jealousy and he dissolve he jerk personality a little bit with her without losing he sense of humor. Always make her mad with little things but nicer, and warm and sweet. I fall for him even more that the previous book. We also spend more time with him since they NEED to be together.

For the other characters, I always like Dee and her bubbling personality, however, we can’t see much about her since she spend lot of time with Adam (*-*) and Katy, well, doing other things. And the others Andrew, Ash and Mathew, were as much as in Obsidian. I never had like the first two, that’s for sure, and Mathew is just another guy for me, which is the same as nothing. 

And well, there’s also Blake. I think that he is great but I never hold him to tight. He always gives me a bad beat. And also, he could never have been a good match for Katy, even if there were or not a love triangle. He’s just not the guy (never with Daemon around) to full fit a chance with her, and not because she’s the most beautiful and amazing girl in town, but because there’s NOT a match.

And there goes the ending. I was so shocked and sad. A huge cliffhanger!!! 

Overall, this was a wonderful read. There are no words to describe the amazedness of the Lux series and the write of Jennifer. Lot of emotions, action and romance. If you haven’t read The Lux Series you NEED to. But do it in order (Shadow, Obsidian and Onyx)… So recommend it!!

Other books in the Series 

0.5 Shadow (review | Goodreads)
1 Obsidian (reviewGoodreads)
2 Onyx (Goodreads)
3 Opal (Goodreads)
4 Origin (Goodreads)
5 Opposition (Goodreads)

Obssession (Review | Goodreads)

Other books about the Author featured on the blog:

Covenant Series:
0.5 Deimon (Goodreads)
1 Half-Blood (Goodreads)
2 Pure (Goodreads)
3 Deity (Goodreads)
3.5 Elixir (Goodreads)
4 Apollyon (Goodreads)
5 Sentinel (Review | Goodreads)

The Dark Elements Series:
0.5 Better Sweet Love (Review | Goodreads)
1 White Hot Kiss (Goodreads)
2 Stone Cold Touch (Goodreads)

Wait For You Series (as J Lynn):
1 Wait For You (Review | Goodreads)
1.5 Trust In Me (Goodreads)
2 Be With Me (Review | Goodreads)
3 Stay With Me (Goodreads)

Nephilim Rising Series (as J Lynn):
1 Unchained (Review | Goodreads)

About The Author

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia. All the rumors you heard about her state aren’t true. Well, mostly. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time, reading, working out, watching zombie movies, and pretending to write.

You can find Jennifer here:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top