Book Review: Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #5
Genre: 
Pages: 500 
Published: August 5th, 2014 by Entangled: Teen
ISBN: 1622662652
ISBN-13: 9781622662654
Purchased: Amazon | Kobo | BookDepository | B&N 

Rating: 4.5 hearts

Blurb:
Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came. She can’t believe Daemon stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

My Thoughts

It one of my favorites author, one of my favorites series, but not one of my favorites close.

Opposition is the fifth and final installment of the Lux series. After the cliffhanger, Jennifer left us in Origin we find Daemon on a different side of the fight than Katy, and while she struggle the fact that he isn’t with her and that maybe he is lost forever, the gang need to focus in looking for a way to salve the humanity.

I have love all the book of the Lux Saga, neither one of them have lost the magic one after other, but this one left me an uneasy feeling; I don’t know very well how to describe it but It doesn’t suit like the previous did.

I think that the bigger problem was the fact that I have lot of expectation about it. I wish so much from this book that maybe, even the best book wouldn’t have fit into my expectations. Other problem was that I think that Katy lost her personality, or maybe almost all of it. She was more like the girl who stand there frozen and wait to others to come and rescued her, and that bothers me overweight. I like that she still a book lover and that she says crazy thing time to time referring books but other than that she lost her capacity of fight physic, I mean, I would want to see her kick butts and to lose the saver way she was restraint herself.

However, I like how Jen improve the action and the storytelling was marvelous, as well as the way she caught us since the start. I also like that she make justice of the other characters we love and keep them fresh and lovelies. I Love all the Pop Culture reference that Jen pop up into the reading, lot of Harry Potter, Avenger and others to make the book so much fun. Oh, yeah, I laugh so much.

Overall, I like this book and enjoy it very much, though it doesn’t full me like I wish. I think that it lacks of something. I do recommend it but comparing to the previous installments it doesn’t make it that justice.
 
 

Other books in the series 

0.5 Shadow (review | Goodreads)
1 Obsidian (review | Goodreads)
2 Onyx (review | Goodreads)
3 Opal (review | Goodreads)
4 Origin (Goodreads)
5 Opposition (Goodreads)

Obssession (Review | Goodreads)
 

About the author

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia. All the rumors you heard about her state aren’t true. Well, mostly. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time, reading, working out, watching zombie movies, and pretending to write.

You can find Jennifer here:
Twitter | Facebook | Página Web

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top