Book Tour Review: Thirty-Two Going on Spinster by Becky Monson



   
thirty twoThirty-Two Going on Spinster by Becky Monson
Julia Dorning is a spinster, or at least on the road to becoming one. She has no social life, hates her job, and lives in her parent’s basement with her cat, Charlie.

With the arrival of Jared Moody, the new hire at work, Julia’s mundane life is suddenly turned upside down. Her instant (and totally ridiculous) crush on the new guy causes Julia to finally make some long-overdue changes, in hopes to find a life that includes more than baking and hanging out with Charlie.

But when the biggest and most unexpected change comes, will the new and improved Julia be able to overcome it? Or will she go back to her spinster ways?



Purchase your copy for just $2.99!!

Praise for Thirty-Two Going on... Spinster   

"Oh my, oh my. I have just finished wiping the tears of laughter from my eyes. This is seriously funny." - Julie Darley (Never judge a Book by its Movie)

"This was a refreshing change of pace for me to read. Some good clean romance was found in it’s pages and that is a rare find these days. It was some great chick-lit. I would not have thought this was Becky’s debut book, it was so well done." - Liberty Ann (SnifferWalkBooks)

Excerpt

Main Entry: spin•ster
Pronunciation: 'spin(t)-st&r
Function: noun


1: an unmarried woman of gentle family.
2: an unmarried woman and especially one past the common age for marrying.
3: a woman who seems unlikely to marry.


It certainly shouldn’t come as a shock. I’ve always thought of myself as a recluse, a loner of sorts. Now I have a new title: spinster. I think I need some ice cream or an entire chocolate cake… or both.

I am a spinster… I am a spinster. It’s true. I just looked it up in the dictionary, and there was a description of my life, in plain view:

1: an unmarried woman of gentle family.

I’m an unmarried woman of gentle family. Okay, so I’m not quite sure what is meant by “gentle family”. I wouldn’t actually call my family “gentle”. More like obnoxious. Still, I’m an unmarried woman who is part of a family, so that counts.

2: an unmarried woman and especially one past the common age for marrying.

I believe that I am past the common age for marrying. I just turned thirty-two. What’s the going age for marriage now? Twenty-five? Twenty-six? It doesn’t matter because at the age of thirty-two, my clock is ticking. My doctor informed me of that last week, in fact. He actually told me that I seriously should consider finding someone and settling down and that my eggs “weren’t getting any younger”. Pretty harsh when you consider that I haven’t been on a proper date in over a decade, right? I seriously should find myself a new doctor, one who sugar-coats everything. I could use more sugar-coating in my life right now.

3: a woman who seems unlikely to marry.

This one has to be the worst of them all… a woman who seems unlikely to marry. That is so me. I bet when people look at me, that’s what they’re thinking. I get that pity look all the time. The one where people tilt their head slightly to the side purse their lips and nod sadly at you.

My Thoughts

I like this book, I spend a really great time read it but there’s something that wasn’t right with it. I never end to connect with it though I like it very much.

Twenty-two going spinster is about a women stuck in her pathetic life but suddenly she awakes for her very own pond where she is drowning herself.

The good thing of this book is the developing of Julia. I think that here improve every day and the way she change, not only for the guy but also for herself make me really appreciate her! Though I feel like each person Julian become friend are slightly too good, and not only that, but all her life have been so easy.

Of course, that may be the lesson of this book, we never have to stuck in life and make it that easy and safe; but is like her life are too safety: live with her parents, have a “good” job (not the best or the one she would like), good friends and a hot guy. I don’t know, it just that for, I would like a little bit more of problems and issues to develop.

The other thing that I didn’t like is that the humor never get. Something like the joke is told and almost makes laugh but we never get the end of it. Sure, Julia is fun, and been inside her head is a blast but sometimes is like we have a girl that have take the best side of her life and other times it’s like we got a bitter woman. I truly don’t know what to think about her.

Though, I love how the author writes the life lessons make the so easy to catch and fun to read. The entire story is just marvelous and very entertaining, and it’s just sooo true.

I haven’t spoken about other characters because I think that the only one who really matters is Julia, though when I don’t like that all of them are so great… they’re so great and wonderful. I love the three ladies from the coffee shop, also Brown, even when she is not my favorite. And Julia’s sister, I thought that I would hate her but I didn’t at all.

Overall, I like this book so much. It didn’t full me totally but I recommend it because it gives a splendid time, is for people who like a lightly read we hidden and thoughtful life lessons. But I think that if you don’t want that people tell you what you have wrong or take critics to personal it just a wonderful read for you!

 

About the Author

Becky MonsonBy day, Becky Monson is a mother of three young children, and a wife. By night, she escapes with reading books and writing. In her debut novel, Becky uses humor and true-life experiences to bring her characters to life. She loves all things chick-lit (movies, books, etc), and wishes she had a British accent. She has recently given up Diet Coke for the fiftieth time and is hopeful time will last... But it probably won't. Becky runs a large book club on Facebook called "This Chick Reads".   

You can find Becky here:

Giveaway 

$25 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash

Ends 10/12/14

Open only to those who can legally enter, receive and use an Amazon.com Gift Code or Paypal Cash. Winning Entry will be verified prior to prize being awarded. No purchase necessary. You must be 18 or older to enter or have your parent enter for you. The winner will be chosen by rafflecopter and announced here as well as emailed and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Rafflecopter or any other entity unless otherwise specified. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Giveaway was organized by Kathy from I Am A Reader and sponsored by the author. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top