#BookReview: Also Known As by @RobinBenway

Purchase: Amazon / B&N / Book Depository

Synopsis

Which is more dangerous: being an international spy... or surviving high school?

Maggie Silver has never minded her unusual life. Cracking safes for the world's premier spy organization and traveling the world with her insanely cool parents definitely beat high school and the accompanying cliques, bad lunches, and frustratingly simple locker combinations. (If it's three digits, why bother locking it at all?)

But when Maggie and her parents are sent to New York City for her first solo assignment, her world is transformed. Suddenly, she's attending a private school with hundreds of "mean girl" wannabes, trying to avoid the temptation to hack the school's elementary security system, and working to befriend the aggravatingly cute son of a potential national security threat... all while trying not to blow her cover.

From the hilarious and poignant author of Audrey, Wait! comes a fast-paced caper that proves that even the world's greatest spies don't have a mission plan for love.


My Thoughts

I wanted to read this book long time ago. I find it thanks to my HUGE obssession with Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter. After finished Unite We Spy (review), I decided that I wanted a new series about spies, some YA with danger and humor. It was difficult because find something like Gallagher Girls isn't easy but Also Known As was a great discovery and I truly enjoy the two books of this biseries. Though, I'm only going to review the first of them.

As I was saying above, I really like this book. I think that what I enjoy the most was Maggie. She was so much fun to read. She doesn't know anything about been a teenage girl, she has been all her life into the spy life and away for tipical things as a Prom. So when her new mision lands her in a private school in New York she's complitely worried and scared of what she could face.

I enjoy reading about thi girl, she is so funny. Always trying to see the good things of rhe things around her but at the same time she's not perfect and give the reader a soft, sweet side of her personality. She's a perfect dimentional character, full of differents aspect which make her real. 

She's not the only fun girl in town. Roux was spectacular in this book. I never have found a most perfect econd characters that stand out so much like her. I could perfectly say that I even like her more than Maggie, which it's so rare for me 'cause I like protagonist more. But, I laugh out loud we her everytime. 

You know, what I like the most the characters is the fact that they have so much to show. Roux has lot of problems with her parents, people at school and even so she was bright and shining, try to make everything good around her, as struggling with her issue. Also Maggie; who need to face high school and something unkown for her, that maybe could sound silly for the rest of us who face it everyday but for some who never had have those problems the world could be overhelming.

And not just this two girls, Jason has his own demons and problems, as Maggie's parents and Angelo (I LOVE Angelo - I know he's old and well... I can't say... but he's soo good!) As well, the story is very original and easy to relate to. You spend an amazing time with spies but also get into Manhattan kids society. Lot of humor and fun.

However, the only downfall of the book is the fact that the spy's tale is swept aside till the end. Almost all the book is about Maggie relationship we Jason, though, I like it, I felt that the main plot about the spionage lost it protagonist in the book.

Overall, I enjoy this book sooooo much and I highly recommend it to all who like YA books with spies. Though, the book doesn't show the spy theme very much, it very entertaining and so much fun.


About The Author

Robin BenwayI'm the author of "Audrey, Wait!", "The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May & June", and the AKA series. My new book "Emmy & Oliver" will be released on June 23, 2015. I live in Los Angeles with my extremely stubborn shih tzu, Hudson. I've gotten a lot better at cooking. I still love coffee. We should be friends.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top