2014 End of the Year Survey

2014 End Of Year Book Survey


December hasn't been a great month for me about books, really I've been busy with lot of other things to really pick some, the once I have the chance to read were only for book tours which I already have schedule to. So, because I wouldn't make any more progress in the read thing, I'm just going to make a closure for this year and post my first End of the Year Survey hosted by Perpetual Page-Turner. Which she already have it 5th edition.

2014 Reading Stats


Number Of Books You Read: 92 according to Goodreads, but I actually have two more book that I didn't find on goodreads' list and three more book I'm still left to read this year. So its actual number is 98. I'm happy with this number. 

Number of Re-Reads: I re-read 13 books this year. I'm not very fond to re-read but those I like very much: Lux Series for Lux Readathon, Multiauthor Diamond and Scandals series and two more books from Diana Palmer I love so much.

Genre You Read The Most From: Paranormal Adult Romance. I like almost all genre but because book tours I get more adults novels this year.


Best in Books

1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
This very taught one because I discovered really great books this year but I have to say that Paranormal romances The Betrayal by CJ McMillan and Lost Library by Kate Baray, also the NA The Truth About Air and Water by Katherine Owen.

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Spies and Prejudice by Talia Vance. I know it's a Pride and Prejudice remake but it does has a spy theme so I expect that it brings the same magic I like from this kind of books.  

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014? 
Thrill Ride by Rachel Hawthorne. I know it's a reaaaally old book but I just read it this year and I really love it. When I saw it for first time I wasn't catch by it but after read it I think it's just wonderful. 

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher. I love this book so much so I let it know to everyone who wanted to hear me.

5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Series: Wait For You by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Sequel: Spirited Legacy by Kate Beray. Ender: Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
There are great author I discovered this year but I would say Katherine Owen is the GIRL.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief. I don't read middle age books but this was wonderful and I love of the entire series.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Silver Shadow by Richelle Mead. Though, I didn't make a review of this book I found it full of action and emotion.

9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The Thuth About Air and Water.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
Unite We Spy by Ally Carter. I always love the cover from this series but this last cover it's just beautiful. 

13580951

11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Daemon from Lux Series. I LOVE this guy!!

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief. I think that the author print the love for his son is this book so it makes it beautifully written and so enjoyable.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
Thirty-Two Going Spinter by Becky Monson. Even when I felt it little flat, I think it does have lot of life lessons we should pick for ourselves.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief. Where was I?

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
I'm really not into quotes, I never catch one. I just pass through the pages enjoy it but never save any words of it.

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest: Braking Up with Barret by Kay Regnery (200 pages). Longest: House of Hades by Rick Riordan (597 pages).

17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Restraint by Randi Cooley Wilson. Both books are wonderful, you never expect what's going to happend but the cliffhanger of the second book is just to kill.

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Percabeth all the way!! Percy Jackson + Annabeth Chase.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Becks and Zach from United We Spy.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
School Spirit by Rachel Hawkins

21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Tangled by Emma Chase. My sisters were obsessed with this book so after all their suggestion I decided to read it.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Ethan Frost from Ruined by Tracy Wolff. This guy is sooo great and sexy!

23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Lost Library by Kate Beray.

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Lost Library by Kate Beray. I love the fact that we get an underground world full of magic things but just here in America. Because, normally authors go to Europe or ancient lands to build their worlds. So, I'm happy that someone create it here and just in a marvelous way!

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Lucky Number Four by Amanda Jason was so funny!

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
The Thruth About Air and Water make me cry the whole book. Seriously, from the first page to the last. Seriously!

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Coocking Up a Seduction by Jenna Bayley-Burke. It wonderful, people should read it.

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
The Thruth About Air and Water

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
The Thruth About Air and Water

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The Thruth About Air and Water


My Blogging/Bookish Life


1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?  
Parajunkee's View. I know she would say that her blog is about everything but I found it very entertaining and with lot of tips and stuff. Besides, I like her reviews so much,  and the honest way she talks about books. 
  
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
Spirited Legacy. I was so excited to read this book so I was even happier to review it.
   
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?   
I don't do that kind of post. I know I should, actually is one of my goals next year but I don't have any discussion post.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?  
Lux Readathon hosted by Stuck in Books. I love been part of it.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
My first giveaway as part as the September is For Sequel.
   
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
The review of United We Spy that got 914 views
   
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love? 
My review of Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan. I think it's a great book and I also think I made a great review.
  
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)? 
BookBlogging. I really like this forum and I think is such a great idea.

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
No. The only challenge I was up to was Goodreads Challenge, and I fail. 150 books for the year is not for me. 


Looking Ahead


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?  
Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout. 
   
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)? 
The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout

3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating? 
I don't know.

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead
  
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
Write more discussion post and host more giveaways!
   
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I haven't read any release for 2015. I'm reading others rommendations!

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Silver Shadows felt like the longest roller coaster ride of a book. I book binged on TVA and Bloodlines series this year. Can't wait till the finale for Bloodlines. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're wonderful! Neither can't I!! I'm yearning to know how everything end!

      Delete

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top