#BookReview: Merry and Bright Anthology edited by Lucie Simone





Merry and Bright Anthology edited by Lucie Simone

Sip your eggnog, linger under the mistletoe, and make a Christmas wish. Merry & Bright brings you six tales of Christmas cheer, featuring stories of budding romances, Southern charm, lost loves, heaps of humor, and lots of pie by authors Isabella Louise Anderson, Cindy Arora, Laura Chapman, Lauren Clark, Libby Mercer, and Nancy Scrofano. From sunny Los Angeles to the Rocky Mountains to the Deep South, Merry & Bright will take you on a heartwarming adventure you’ll love to visit again and again. Wrap yourself in holiday mirth and prepare to be swept off your feet.











My Thoughts

In general, this book was very entertainent. I really enjoy have a holiday read and each tale brings some joy and lovelyness in this time of the year.

A Very Dixie Chritsmas by Lauren Clark was, like, my favorite story of all. I think it was perfect as the introduction to the book. It actually has everything we want on christmas: friends, love, gifts, kids, believing on magic things, and of course the eternal and always wanted, christmas miracle. I think it was perfect, and I love the characters and the holiday feeling that this story has. I love it.

Christmas at Mulberry Inn by Cindy Arora was great as well, and it just another of my favorites. I love the romance in it. You know, christmas is also about love between couples and to find the someone that chance our world. So, I was very happy to read this story that not necessary has sex or lot of over the top stuff, no, it's just romantic, sweet and lovely. It's more like,  a summer romance but on christmas. It is just perfect, very italian or spanish air with all the wine and the small town spirit. 

Ice Dating by Nancy Scrofano was as great. I like it but I felt that it doesn't suposse to hapend that way. I don't want to say much to not give away more but, my whole problem is that I think that Jake is the one who should be back; I think that she hadn't over him yet and that makes me wonder if she hasn't really learn from her guy problem or that she doesn't care, I don't know. Everything was developing so good and I was feeling for her but then it ended too soon for me to understand anything, so I just was like this would work it out? It's not that I didn't like it, I didn't like how it end it. I think that it does has lot of petetial but larging the story and give us more to swoon about it. I would totally read it, I actaully like the idea that author give us more of it! It would be amazing!!

Meet Me Under the Mistletoe by Isabella Louise Anderson. You know when you previously read some great stories that keep you wonder and give you some beautiful romance, you expect that that continious in the following stories as well. But there's something that will always ruin what you're reading and that is the insta love. Readers hate instalove (and it's not a hashtag from Instagram). I just... I can't comment becuase it DOES has instalove. It ruins my read, and sorry, because I don't want to be mean but it just was that.

Secret Santa by Libby Mercer was so much fun. I think it was funny and original idea to develope. It keep you wonder like half of the read but then you know what's going to happend and you're happy about it becuase at the end it work out perfectly. I think that story it gives you hope and corage to look for love and don't give up. I just enjoy this read so much, and as I said, it's fun.

Twelve Drummers Drumming by Lauren Chapman was just so lovely. It left me with a big smile after I finished it! It was so romantic. Twelve Days of Christmas is my favorite song from the holidays, so reading about it is just a plus. I enjoy this very much, as I said sooo romantic, I never imagine the bad boys could be so lovelies! I need to look if this is part of a series becuase it seems so and I can't wait to find the whole story and the other bands member!  

Overall, I enjoy this anthology. It make you happy and warm this season. Except for just one the stories each of them give sweet, beautiful romance and will keep you whishing for more. I recommend it.

4 Hearts

About the Author

Lauren Clark 
She writes contemporary novels sprinkled with sunshine, suspense, and secrets. She is the author of Dancing Naked in Dixie, Stay Tuned, Stardust Summer, and Pie Girls. A former TV news anchor, Lauren adores flavored coffee, local bookstores, and anywhere she can stick her toes in the sand. Her big loves are her family, paying it forward, and true-blue friends. Lauren is a member of the Gulf Coast Writers Association, the Mobile Writers Guild, and a regular contributor to Parents & Kids Magazine's Mississippi Gulf Coast Edition. Website



Cindy Arora

Cindy Arora was a staff writer at The San Gabriel Valley Tribune, The Orange County Register and Sacramento Magazine. She’s been published in Saveur, Tasting Table, Orange Coast Magazine, and Fodor’s. Her debut novel, Heartbreak Cake, was released November 2013 by Simon and Fig and her novella, “Cake Therapy”, appeared in the anthology Petit Four: Four Stories, Frosted with Love in November 2014. She’s also mama to an adorable little boy, a feminist, a whiskey enthusiast, and proud to call herself a Chick Lit author. Website.




Nancy Scrofano

Nancy Scrofano grew up watching classic television shows, classic movies, and listening to oldies, all of which she still adores today. Nancy has a penchant for the fifties, mostly because of her favorite show, I Love Lucy. She has seen every episode countless times and will happily share the trivia she knows with anyone who will listen. Nancy worked as an editor and a journalist for her college newspaper, then went on to develop sociology textbooks for an academic publisher. She has a master’s degree in media psychology, as well as undergraduate degrees in communication, radio and television, and liberal arts. Nancy is a freelance writer and the author of True Love Way, Cupid on Deck, and American Honey.

Additionally, she is the founder and managing editor of Fictionella, a book blog that promotes and celebrates women’s fiction. Nancy lives in southern California where she is at work on her next novel. Website.


Isabella Louise Anderson

Isabella Louise Anderson grew up with a book in her hand, and to this day nothing has changed. At the young age of ten, she was reading everything from Judy Blume to Danielle Steel, so in 2010, Isabella signed up for a creative writing course, deciding it was time to turn her passion for writing and books into a career. A year later, Isabella finished writing her first book, Redefined Dreams. Her second book, The Right Design, was published in 2014. Her website, Chick Lit Goddess, features books and other Chick Lit and Romance authors, along with sharing book reviews. She is a member of the Romance Writers of America and has been featured on several blogs. Isabella lives in Dallas with her husband and cat. If she’s not eating spicy Mexican food and drinking margaritas, she can be found spending time with family and friends, cheering on the Texas Rangers, and reading books, often two at a time. Website.


Libby Mercer
Born and raised in the Heartland of America, Libby Mercer's adventurous spirit kicked in after graduating from high school and she's since lived in Boston, NYC and London. San Francisco is the city that she currently calls home. For several years, Libby worked in fashion—first as a journalist and then as a shopkeeper, and for a while she dabbled in design. Libby is the author of Fashioning a Romance, Unmasking Maya, and The Karmic Connection. Website.




Laura Chapman

Laura Chapman found a way to mix her love of romance and humor as a women’s fiction blogger and author. A 2008 graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Laura studied journalism, English and history. She spent four years traveling the country as a writer/photographer, and currently works in communications. Born and raised in Nebraska—in a city, not on a farm—she is a devoted fan of football, British period drama, writing in bars, and her cats, Jane and Bingley. Her debut novel,Hard Hats and Doormats, was released in December 2013. Website.




Lucie Simone (Editor of Merry & Bright)

Lucie Simone has a passion for travel, romance and all things Chick Lit. She also has a degree in Journalism and a Master of Fine Arts in Television Production. She is the author of the novels, Picture Perfect and Hollywood Ending. Her short story, “Aprez Vous,” is featured in the anthology, Petit Four: Four Stories Frosted with Love. Lucie lives, loves and writes in the City of Angeles. Website


Buy the Book!

Check the Other Stops

December 8 – Polishedand Bubbly
December 8 - TheBook Bag
December 9 - Writerin a Wheelchair
December 9 - Ski-Wee’s Book Corner
December 10 - Wanderlust, Books and Tea
December 11 - Chick Lit Plus
December 11 - TheLittle Reading Cabin 
December 12 - Winey Mommy 
December 15 - Corazones Literarios
December 15 - ReecasPieces

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top