#BookReview: Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (@camphalfblood)

28187Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
Series: Percy Jackson and The Olympians #1
Genre: Fantasy | Mythology | Adventure | Middle Grade (but I also think that could fit as YA)
Pages: 377
Published: March 1st 2006 by Disney Hyperion Books
ISBN: 0786838655 
ISBN-13: 9780786838653
Blurb: Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse-Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy's mom finds out, she knows it's time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he'll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends -- one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena -- Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods.

ADD TO GOODREADS

My Thoughts

It’s very difficult to say something about this book that hasn’t said already. So, I just going to express those things that I really enjoy into this beautiful story. First of all, I LOVE this book SO MUCH. It’s one of my favorites right now!

I have to say that I haven’t seen the movie yet, which is so weird because I saw the second movie, The Sea of Mosters. So without influence of any kind, I really enjoy it. What I feel and think that make this book so special is that we can see and feel the love Sr. Riordar given to the story. I can totally understand the love for his son in this first book and how much he cares to create this wonderful world of a boy and his friends.

Also, I’m a huge fan of the mythology, especially Greek mythology, and I love how all those stuff are impressed in the story. The author use wonderfully all the aspect of it. If this book is use in the school for kids to learn Greek mythology, I’m sure they would love it. Sure, I think that in USA or others countries use it but not in main, so I would like they do because it would bring the literature and history together.

Also, how the dyslexia and AHDH are use into the book. I love how the author made them like these conditions (I don't know they medical terms) as something great and wonderful for all demigods. I always have thought that all people who suffers (again don't know they medical terms) those things are angels and deserve that the world try it best and stop contempt. And I love that the author wanted to create awareness from the earliest ages.

As I said before, I can't add more to a book that has been told lots of things, but what I do can say is that, it has pleased me greatly and I think everyone (from children to adults) should read it because it brings great lessons within a children's story. Not only amuses and entertains the small ones but also, brings out the child in all of us, and makes us think about friendship, love, family and the importance of things in life.

5 STARTS


UPDATE: I finished the whole series and, while I won't review each book, I would say that I LOVE THEM ALL. I totally think you should read them because they're awesome. So much action, humor, love, lessons and much more. Rick Riordan is my new favorite author I just can't stop to read his mater pieces. Go now and enjoy all his books!



About the Author

Rick Riordan
Rick Riordan is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of many books, including the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series, Heroes of Olympus and The Kane Chronicles. 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top