#BookReview: All Fall Down by Ally Carter

Purchase: Amazon / B&N / Book Depository

Synopsis

A new series of global proportions -- from master of intrigue, NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Ally Carter. 

This exciting new series from NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Ally Carter focuses on Grace, who can best be described as a daredevil, an Army brat, and a rebel. She is also the only granddaughter of perhaps the most powerful ambassador in the world, and Grace has spent every summer of her childhood running across the roofs of Embassy Row.

Now, at age sixteen, she's come back to stay--in order to solve the mystery of her mother's death. In the process, she uncovers an international conspiracy of unsettling proportions, and must choose her friends and watch her foes carefully if she and the world are to be saved.



My Thoughts

I have been fan of Ally Carter for so long already. Her stories are intriguing, her characters well portrayed and the fun is never missing. Both, Gallagher Girls and Heist Society are a must-read for any YA lover. At the end of Gallagher Girls series, United We Spy, and without any sight of a new Heist Society novel, you can guess I was very much freaking out, so after the announce of a new series by Ally Carter I couldn’t be more excited for it.

The idea of All Fall Down is quite solid; we got, Grace, the granddaughter of an important Ambassador of fictional country called Adria, that three years after witnessed the death of her mother she return to her mother natal land to stay. Though, when everybody thinks that her mom died on a horrible accident, Grace is sure that she was murdered. Secrets start to reveal while she immerse in the Adrian politicians and the life of those who live in the Embassy Row.

Grace is absolutely different from ANY other character by Ally I read so far. She is more vulnerable than Kat (Heist Society) and Cammie (Gallagher Girls), and is even more crazy when planning is referring. She has not skill whatsoever than been the right place at the right time. But what makes her at other level is the fact that she is mentally disturbed, which we can see since the first chapter while she can’t over her mother death. Which I totally understand, of course, because I would never accept the death of my mom if I believe she was murdered, yet, she takes it too close to comfort and get affected by it. 

“Ok," he says. "First lesson."
Noah broadens his stance, taking his place firmly on the embassy side of the threshold. "in the United States," he says. Then, with both feet, he leaps on to the sidewalk. "Out of the United States." Quickly, he jumps back toward me. "In the United States." Another jump across the threshold. "Out of the United States. In. Out. In --"
"Is this the part where I hit you?” 

Ally also couldn’t dispread of her previous works as she incorporates people that have very specific skills like follow targets or hake very secretive and protected govern red. You can perfectly see a new gang to take over the world. On other hand, this book was really low at this first half of it; I wasn’t all committed to it and I was quite lose at some points for which I needed to back few pages and read again. However, the second half was a pretty rocking of emotions and action that worth the entire book. 

I’m very exciting to read the next book because that ending wasn’t fair at all. Though, we get plenty of answer of all the things happening I didn’t expect to finish like it, but in second thoughts, I can understand it because it leads to the next book. Anyway, I just hope that Grace face her demons in the next installment and her personality develop even more (into love someone ;D).  

Poor Noah. All he wanted to do today was go see his dad, and look at what I’ve done. I’ve tried to turn him into an international hacker and all-around spy.
 Man, I find myself thinking, I wish I knew a spy.

My favorite quote EVER.

Overall, I like this much very much. It’ a perfect intriguing piece for lovers of YA mistery, however, I think that when apparently it’s worth to compare to the previous works of Ally Carter, I need to wait till the next book come out to give my verdict about it. But, I can recommend to all who likes a great mystery to solve and put the entire puzzle together.

About The Author

Ally CarterAlly Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls and Heist Society series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages. 

ALL FALL DOWN is the first book in her highly-anticipated new series, Embassy Row. She grew up on a farm in Oklahoma, and has never caused an international incident (to her knowledge).

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for a very long time for this book to be published but when it was already published, I have to put it on hold so I can finish other books that I've been wanting to read. Now, the curiosity is killing me because Ally Carter is definitely one of my favorite authors so I really want to read her new book. It's not long now that I will be able to read it. Your review makes me feel excited even more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's another great piece of Ally, and I recommend it to read it because the story is absolutely intriguing. You'll want to know everything and all the secrets right away. The only thing that messed with me was that the first hall was slow and isn't something that Ally do often. But the other half is VERY good!!


    You need to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blurb definitely is intriguing. I can't imagine Ally doing a slow start! :o
    But, I have faith in Ally so I will read the book with an open mind. :D
    I am going to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top