#BookReview: Pure by @JLArmentrout #CovenantReadathon

Keeping up with the #CovenantReadathon hosted by the girls of Stuck In Book, to calebrate the upcoming release of the first installment of the spin off of the series, The Return, I bring to you the review of Pure, the second book of the series. Read below!


9761771
Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout
There is need. And then there is Fate. Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's other half is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her. When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon--and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude--or killing her. When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.




My Thoughts

After the conclusion of the previous book, Half Blood, everything for Alexandria ‘Alex’ Andros isn’t right, you know, she has to live with what happened with her mom and what she did to her mother. Though, I’m not going to say what the book is about, ‘cause I never add that to my reviews, I need to tell you that this is about Greek Mythology, a prophecy, horrible creature that looks like vampires and a girl in love of a forbidden man that, doesn’t love her back? Well, Alex says she’s fine but is she really OK?

This book starts when the other end (so you need to read HB to read this one), all that happened before have affected Alex and Caleb so much. Because of that, I felt that this is the breaking point of the series and that’s so strange because is usually later. But here, with all the things going Alex finally reach the point where she knows who she is and what she wants to become. She questions those things she has believed before and starts to make her own opinions about all of that.

I’m not going to say more about what happened on the book because I’m afraid I may let out some spoilers but there’s a lot. There are moments where you would want to slap someone in the face, others when you’re going to cry, also some laughs, but mostly this is a very tragic book. So, definitely is darker than the previous installment.

I don’t remember correctly but I think that it was Jess from Stuck In Books who say that this was the book of Seth; that’s something that I didn’t want to knowledge at first because I never want a books of Seth, I mean, for me he’s OK but I want notoriety for Aiden, but I have to admit after read the series again that is actually true. Pure is the book of Seth, because we see many different sides of her personality, without losing what we already know about him (that’s how defined the characters are). He’s there for Alex when she came down and takes care of her when nobody else does that. And also we experience the ups and downs of the link that connect them and the whole Apollyon situation. 

Overall, this book is very entertaining. I fully recommend it because it just a perfect book with lot of emotions. All the series, you need to read it all. 

Rating
5 HEARTS

Will I re-read it?
Absolutely

Review on a Tweet
More emotions in the second installment of the #CovenantSeries, Pure by @JLArmentrout. She did it again. Never disappoint the awesomeness.



About the Author


# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia. All the rumors you heard about her state aren’t true. Well, mostly. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time, reading, working out, watching zombie movies, and pretending to write.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top