#BookReview: Oblivion by Jennifer L. Armentrout

25209521Oblivion by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #1.5
Genre: Young Adult / Paranormal / Aliens / Romance
Pages: 684 (ebook, therefore this edition has Obsidian, Onyx and Opal)
Publication: December 1st, 2015 by Entangled Teen

Rating: 5 HEARTS

Synopsis:

Experience the epic love story of OBSIDIAN as told by its hero, Daemon Black…

I knew the moment Katy Swartz moved in next door, there was going to be trouble. Lots of it.

And trouble’s the last thing I need, since I’m not exactly from around here. My people arrived on Earth from Lux, a planet thirteen billion light years away. Plus, if there’s one thing I know, it’s that humans can’t be trusted. We scare them. We can do things they only dream about, and honestly, we make them look weak as hell. ‘Cuz they are.

But Kat is getting to me in ways no one else has, and I can’t stop myself from waiting her-or wanting to use my powers to protect her. She makes me weak, and I’m the strongest of our kind, tasked with protecting us all. So this one simple girl… she can mean the end for us. Because the Luxen have an even bigger enemy-the Arum, and I need to stay on my game.

Fallen for Katy-a human- won’t just place her in danger. It could get us all killed, and that’s one thing I’ll never let happen…


My Thoughts

OMG!!!! YES, YES, YES Katy Stuart and Daemon Black are back to make us all swoon all over them once more. 

The Luxen series is so close to my heart which makes me love everything JLA writes since I pick up the first book of the series. I found out Obsidian by casualty, I just want to read something new and I found this book about a teenage book blogger and an alien of her same age that gets her into troubles. It was appealing, mostly because the book blogger, but I wasn’t very interesting and I never would have imagined that I would love it as much but I do. I find myself looking the world through Katy’s eyes and reciprocate the way she felt over everything and, of course, falling in love of Daemon. 

So, I was so happy and excited when I found out a new book would be release and especially after discovered that it was all in Daemon’s POV. I enjoyed so much when Origin and Opposition split between both POV and it makes the read more compelling to fall in for both MC. Although, it was the first three books of the series and that we already knew what would happened, it was still magic to read it all over again. 

The sassy sense of humor of Daemon is marvelous which make the book so fun to read, I mean, he has the most crazy thoughts and ideas. He is unique and until now, there have not been a characters from Jen’s pen that resemblance his lovely personality, not even Ren which Daemon seems to be inspired, I think he become his own character and nobody has the charisma to take him off the podium (not that he would allow that himself). What I love the most is the fact that we could see the love he developed for Katy and how much he cares about her, after all that happened to them and how much she sacrificed to be with him, we see the same thing from his side and it’s so heartbroken. 

I won’t keep talking about because I would cry but I super recommend this book so much, all the series in fact. It amazing, there are not words to describe how good it is than perfection. JLA writing style is marvelous and I’m sure you spend great time with the Luxen series.

About the Author
# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia. All the rumors you heard about her state aren’t true. Well, mostly. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time, reading, working out, watching zombie movies, and pretending to write.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top