#BookReview: Sexiest Men Alive by M. Clarke

Sexiest Man Alive by M. Clarke
Series: Knight Fashion Magazine #1
Genre: New Adult / Romance
Pages: 245 (eARC)
Publication: February 14

Rating: 4 HEARTS

Synopsis:

Nathan Cross is a struggling actor waiting tables at a local restaurant to make ends meet while he attends endless of auditions. Though, he hopeful career moves at a slow pace, Olivia is the strength and sunshine of his life… until she lives him. One day he is offered a contract with a modeling agent, leading him to work for Knight Fashion Magazine – a dream job he never imagined would become reality.

Olivia swore she would always put her career first and that’s precisely what she did when she left Nathan. Having a deadbeat dad and watching her mom work two jobs to make ends meet have been her driving force. When she is offered a modeling career, she drops everything – even the love of her life – and moves to New York. Though, Nathan and Olivia try to steer clear of one another, working for the same fashion magazine causes their paths to cross again and old emotions are awakened.

Can Nathan forgive Olivia or will he take the nest step with the woman he is currently dating? Will Olivia do everything she can to break them apart? Or will she choose her career over her heart… again?

My Thoughts


This book was sent by the publisher in exchange of an honest review, this doesn’t affect my opinion and thoughts of the book.

Sometimes you find a book that resemblance in the most perfect way how you feel about life, what do you believe are going to be your choices concerning your career and love, but just when you read it and notice all the consequences of those choices, you may think again about what you really want. That’s exactly what happened to me with this book, I’d have always said that I don’t want to get marry, have children and I will put my career first over any love, but, that’s actually what I really want, anymore? I immerse myself into Nathan and Olivia’s relationship and the struggles of their respective life and, just when I think I have everything figured out just as Olivia, this book makes me change everything. That’s how great I think this book can be.

Now, let’s talk first about what Sexiest Man Alive is about. We find Nathan, a lovely aspiring actor who thinks he could make great someday and it will be enough to support his girlfriend, Olivia; he’s a gentleman, a sweet guy with a big heart who would do anything to make happy the woman he loves so deeply. Olivia is a aspiring model, she has a very severe case of auto independency and doesn’t want to be under the protection of any men, since her father abandon her when she was just a little girl; her mother struggle with two jobs to gives her a better life and support her dreams. Now, Nathan and Olivia are both good looking, but is Olivia who gets a wonderful opportunity to make it big, but she has to move to New York and left everyone she loves behind, at the moment, of course, that Nathan was just about to propose. They reunited again and things goes awry, Olivia is still in love of Nathan, he feel something for her, but, Nathan has a new girlfriend whom could become into a bright, wonderful future, and he’s not willing to forgive Olivia and damage his new life.

For the first time of all this years I’ve been reading, I won’t say anything about characters. I always have to complain for one thing or two about characters, or I do make a large statement about why I love them, but this time I just going to say that they were perfectly portrayed. Nathan and Olivia give me what they have to give and they were very true to what I would expect in a couple like them, beside the fact that even with the premise of how badly Olivia was, we really can’t hate her because she has her reasons. Secondary characters were fun when they needed to be, were featured when they suppose to been there but they didn’t give it more weight to the reading; apart from Kelly, they all were when they suppose to be for a different dynamic but just that.

The only thing I don’t like about this book and that’s why I give it 4 starts is because the large of the book. Normally, we can find a romantic novel for about 200/300 pages, and that’s good, not too large to get boring but also not too short to miss the fun, but I think that in this novel the story was getting too large for the scenes and stuff and, even when it was catching from the beginning and properly page turner, I think books one and two could make it perfectly in one. However, this is my only problem with it, so I really recommend to read it. I can’t wait next book Sexiest Couple Alive and see how would Olivia and Nathan get back together (which I highly hope so!).

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top