My history with Harry Potter #PotterMonth


Few days back I discovered that a couple of blogger (Kristin and Megan) team up to declared July as the Potter Month to celebrate the release of Harry Potter and The Cursed Child, I knew at that moment that I would like to be part of it but I didn’t have anything to talk about. However, reading the lovely Alexa from Alexa Loves Books and I just follow her example to write about my history with HP. I’m really excited, little afraid to talk about it though, cuz I feel like is a very personal thing, but I’m willing to let it go and just do it. 

I make it sound very dramatic but it wasn’t anything of that kind. First, I knew about Harry Potter, of course, thanks to the movies, I liked the movies so much, so I was curious about the books, but I didn’t read the books until I was 13 years old, and only because my, by then, best friend lent me the 4th book, then the 3rd, 2nd and 1st. So, I’m not only read it when I was very much older but I read backwards. The real matter here wasn’t exactly that I was that age or how I read the series, but how react my fellow classmates when they saw me on it. 
 


You know, I never was really popular at school, it was a small place and we knew each other, but it wasn’t like what I did was going to become a trend; The thing was that we have that pressure to growth, to become adult in such young age, so my fellow classmates saw that it was dumb for them to read these kinds of books and enjoy them. About that time (2007) the bookish boom wasn’t like it was now, we all started reading “matures” books like the Alchemist or Veronica decides to die by Paulo Coelho, not childish things like Harry Potter, plus it was like “there is the movie, so why you need to read it anyway?” kind of things. 

I struggle the first times that I carried the 4th book and read it in the school, which was the only place where I could read since my friend brought the book with her each day for me. However, after immersing myself into the magical world of Harry Potter, I found the courage to do it without thinking in what others thought of me, I enjoyed the books and fall in love with them and was so happy each day that I could reach the story. Finally, my friends allow me to take others home and I was so hooked that I finished in record time (at least for me at that time noticing that I never read before that). 

I never regret for any minute to have picked up the book in the first place, for the contrary, I think that if it wasn’t the case, I wouldn’t be the person I am now. Harry Potter teaches me a lot about my own persona, for which I’m so grateful that J. K. Rowling wrote it and decided to share it with us and right now, I’m more confidence to say that I LOVE Harry Potter and I encourage everybody to read it. This magical world has so much to offer the reader with a never ending giving of tender, love and friendship and while it still lot more to come out of it, I wish to never end.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top