#BookReview: I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore


Purchase: Amazon // B&N // Book Depository

Synopsis:
John Smith seems like an ordinary teenager, living a normal life with his guardian Henri in Paradise, Ohio. But for John, keeping a low profile is essential, because he is not an ordinary teenager. He’s an alien from the planet Lorien, and he’s on the run. A group of evil aliens from the planet Mogadore, who destroyed his world, are hunting anyone who escaped.

Nine Loric children were sent to Earth to live in hiding until they grew up and developed their Legacies, powers that would help them fight back—and help them save us. Three of them are now dead. John is Number Four, and he knows he’s next….



 

My Thoughts

I very fan of Aliens theme books, I do believe in them but I also like to know the perspectives that other people have about them; I think that it’s a great subject to be creative because this is one of the things that we are clueless about so it’s easy to create our own version of how aliens might be. I found out about this story thanks to the movie; I have kind of a crush on Alex Pettyfer, and I always tend to watch his movie, not because I believe he’s such great actor but because he’s so handsome. Getting back to the point, I saw the movie and I really like it, so, after knowing it was a book, about aliens, and with Alex casted as the lead, I needed to pick it up. It took me quite some time to be honest but I believe that that’s better than never.

I Am Number Four tells the story of how John Smith, a teenage boy from the planet Lorien, manage to keep a low profile as a normal teen human in the city of Paradise, Ohio, while discovering how to master his powers and prevent to be found and killed by the Mogadorians, the aliens race that destroy his planer.

I like the book but it wasn’t the greatest thing. I like how complex the whole world seems to be but I also felt like there’s something lacking about the story was unfolding. Yes, there are so many details that the movie left behind but that’s understandable since the movie it just a 2 hours event. It was engaging, for sure; since the first page I was drag to the story and the characters, and speaking about the last ones, I like them more how they’re portrayed on the book than the movie.

However, I don’t like Sarah and the insta-love thing. I have said plenty of times that I hate insta-love so I won’t get into that, but I need to talk about how flat Sarah character seems to me. Not even in the movie I like Sarah and I felt that she doesn’t really have lot of importance in the book beside the fact that John need a human to fall upon. The fact that she was a cheerleader and popular and then left all that behind and be a more grounded girl is quite stupid to me, don’t get me wrong, I know that that could be real but, I felt that her change to “good” girl was little too force and sometimes I kind of saw the “old” popular her.
By other hand, Number Six was a great character to be adds into the mix; she really stands out, totally badass and strong, and I really wish she end up with John, because I find her more fitting for him than what Sarah would ever be. Number Six was amazing at the end with all the action and stuff. Speaking of the action, I like how the book was wrapped up, I think that it was a really great opening for the upcoming stories and I hope they improve more. I think I would give a try to the rest of the series, because even when I think this isn’t the most amazing book ever wrote, I do like plenty of things in it, besides, the rest of the series seems ever interesting.
 


About the Author
Pittacus Lore is the collection pseudonym of James Frey and Jobie Hughes. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Thanks for passing by and read my blog. My blog feed with comments, so if you caring anough to leave some, I will be really happy.

Thanks for share the love.

Back
to top